Isaacs Jury Is Hung on Obscenity Charges

LOS ANGELES — U.S. District Judge George King has dismissed jurors in the Ira Isaacs obscenity case, declaring that they have failed to deliver a verdict and are hung as to reaching a decision.

Through the three-day trial, jurors viewed four movies Isaacs is accused of distributing and that the Justice Department has declared obscene. Jurors started deliberating on Monday.

At post time, it wasn't clear whether federal prosecutors will retry the case.

"Yes, I'm happy with the [outcome]" Isaacs told XBIZ. "But I've got to do it all over again. This is my existential fate — I'm going to be in court for the rest of my life."

Isaacs said jurors were deadlocked 10-2 in favor of finding him guilty.

Two of the jurors who voted against conviction were women, including a 75-year-old who entered the courtroom one day last week wearing a Christmas-themed sweater with snowmen.

Isaacs said the juror told him after the trial that her late husband was a maker of horror films, and that she found artistic value in the movies.

Isaacs, who operates Stolen Car Films and LA Media, pleaded not guilty to obscenity charges for videos allegedly distributed in 2007 and 2011.

The government in the case targeted the movies "Mako’s First Time Scat," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #7," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #1" and "Japanese Doggie 3 Way."

The long-running case was put on hold in 2010 after federal appellate Judge Alex Kozinski, a visiting judge at the district court, recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

Later, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided that Kozinski exercised “sound discretion” in declaring a mistrial in the Isaacs case because of “extraordinary circumstances.”

But federal prosecutors continued on with the case against Isaacs and last year made a superseding indictment to add five more counts to the original five from 2007. Prosecutors later narrowed the charges down to five.

Attorney Roger Jon Diamond, who has represented Isaacs through the years in the two obscenity trials, told XBIZ that the government shouldn't consider retrying the case.

"Ira Isaacs and I are very pleased that he was not convicted, but we do not want a third trial," he said. "We've already had two trials. Two's enough."

Diamond went on to say that the government from the get-go has played hardball in its attempt to get a victory on federal obscenity charges.

"This case arose from the original Kozinski trial," he said. "The government bullied its way through that case then and intimidated Judge Kozinski."

"We think the case should be dropped now."

Michael Grant, the lead Justice Department attorney trying the Isaacs case, could not be reached for XBIZ comment late Tuesday.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Show More