'Explosive' Day in Harlow Cuadra Murder Trial

WILKES-BARRES, Penn. — Day 11 in the Harlow Cuadra capital murder trial was "emotional and explosive" as Cuadra and his partner and onetime co-defendant Joseph Kerekes both took the stand. Kerekes refused to testify on Cuadra's behalf.

Cuadra, 27, an escort, gay adult producer and website entrepreneur, stands accused of murdering Cobra Video producer Bryan Kocis in January 2007 and setting fire to his Dallas Township, Pa., home. He and Kerekes were arrested in May 2007 and formally charged two months later.

Kerekes pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in early December 2008. He was sentenced to mandatory life in prison without parole. The plea spared Kerekes, 34, from facing the death penalty.

When he pleaded guilty, Kerekes said that "Harlow Cuadra was primarily responsible for the crime," reported the Citizen's Voice newspaper. Defense attorneys had hoped he would reverse those statements. However, once he took the stand, Kerekes admitted to "a late change of heart," reports WNEP.com.

He told the court, " 'I've been thinking a lot about my parents. It would destroy them to say I did something I didn't do.'"

His decision not to testify for his former partner led to an outburst from Cuadra's mother as Kerekes left the courtroom. "You stole my son," she shouted at him.

When Cuadra took the stand, he told the jury that Kerekes was the murderer and described him as "controlling, jealous and a sociopath," per a media report. "Cuadra became emotional and sobbed at times while on the stand. He told jurors he was so frightened by what Kerekes had done that he kept his mouth shut."

Cuadra testified for roughly four hours. He said he never knew of a plan to kill Kocis, "Kerekes and Cuadra met with [Grant] Roy, another pornography producer, and his business partner Sean Lockhart in Las Vegas around Jan. 10, 2007, Cuadra said. Kerekes and Roy wanted Lockhart and Cuadra to shoot three films together," reports the Citizen's Voice.

However, Lockhart had a contract with Kocis at the time. Cuadra testified that Kerekes said, "I would have killed him a long time ago."

Cuadra alleges Roy responded, "Yeah, I thought about that. But you know what, the way this thing is, if [Kocis] ends up dead everyone will be looking at, pointing the finger to me."

On the night of Jan. 24, 2007, Cuadra testified that he had been dropped off by Kerekes at Kocis' home and expected to discuss shooting an adult film. About 20 minutes later, he heard "a rapid knock" at the front door.

"I never thought it would be Joe," Cuadra said.

Kerekes appeared and began fighting with Kocis, before pulling out "a small knife and slashing Kocis' throat." Cuadra testified that he ran outside and hid in their rental car as Kerekes did "something" inside the house.

Cuadra was being cross-examined by prosecution attorneys at post time. Closing arguments are expected to begin Wednesday.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Alexandro Cabrera Makes Raging Stallion Debut in 'In the Depths'

Alexandro Cabrera has made his Raging Stallion debut alongside John Brachalli in the first installment of "In the Depths."

Men.com to Drop New Limited Series 'Varsity Heat'

Men.com will premiere its latest four-part limited series next week, titled "Varsity Heat."

UPDATED: Supreme Court Rejects Tariffs, Trump Responds

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration’s sweeping tariffs, which have significantly impacted the pleasure industry, prompting the president to announce a new tariff strategy as a workaround.

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

PeterFever Drops Sports Parody Series 'Supreme Rivalry'

zBUCKz and PeterFever have debuted the new sports parody limited series "Supreme Rivalry."

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Arno Antino, Jack DesFeux Star in 'Back to Before' From NakedSword

Arno Antino and Jack DesFeux star in the latest release from NakedSword, titled "Back to Before."

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Ryan Orion, Dio Ferrero Star in 1st Installment of Falcon's 'Head to Head'

Ryan Orion and Dio Ferrero star in the first installment of the latest title from Falcon Studios, titled "Head to Head."

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Show More