Court Overturns $2.2 Million Fine Against Crazy Horse Too

CARSON CITY – The Nevada Supreme Court has overturned a $2.2 million fine levied by the city of Las Vegas against the Crazy Horse Too strip club. The court ordered Clark County District Judge Mark Denton to hold a hearing to determine how much the club could be fined.

The club has been closed since 2007, after its parent company pleaded guilty to tax and extortion charges.

The Las Vegas City Council imposed a maximum fine of $1,000 a day, claiming The Power Company pleaded guilty in federal court to conspiracy to engage in a racketeering enterprise for five years or 2,192 days. The parent of the Crazy Horse maintains the conspiracy lasted only 1,461 days.

The Supreme Court said, “We conclude that the district court erred in granting summary judgment in favor of the city because a genuine issue of material fact exists as to how long The Power Company participated in the conspiracy."

In the guilty plea in federal court The Power Company admitted to count one, which alleged the conspiracy was committed between 2000 and 2005. But the plea memorandum in the case states the conspiracy was between 2000 and 2003.

The Crazy Horse Too was owned by Rick Rizzolo, who was sentenced in January 2007 to one year and one day in prison, three years of supervised release and fined $250,000 for conspiring to escape payment of federal taxes.

The club also was ordered by the federal court to pay $10 million to Kirk and Amy Henry for the injuries suffered by Kirk, a tourist who visited the club, that left him a quadriplegic in September 2001. If a customer refused to pay a dancer or disputed charges, the shift manager or other male employees used threats or violence to get the patron to pay up, according to the government.

As part of the plea agreement, Rizzolo was required to sell the Crazy Horse Too by June 2007. The club has been in and out of the news and the courts since then, with the federal government seizing the club in September 2007 and requesting to keep the club's nude dancing and liquor permits to maintain the value for an eventual buyer in June 2008.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

Honey Play Box Debuts 'Tressa' Vibrator

Honey Play Box introduced its new Tressa multi-stimulation, app-enabled vibrator.

Blush Debuts 2 New Glass Plugs From 'Oh My Gem' Collection

Blush has introduced two new glass plugs, Lustre and Prestige, from its Oh My Gem collection.

EP Products Founder Don Wilson Passes Away

Don Wilson, the founder of EP Products and a notable figure in Canada's adult retail community, has passed away. He was 78.

Orion Debuts 'Your Strap-On' Collection From 'You2Toys' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced the Your Strap-On collection from its You2Toys line.

Stephen Colbert Takes Aim at Texas' Crackdown on Sex Toys

Stephen Colbert is cracking up over Texas lawmakers’ crackdown on sex toys in the state.

XR Brands 'Silicone Body Forms' Highlighted at Paris Fashion Week

XR Brands’ Ripped Silicone Male Chest and Perky Pair Silicone Breasts were highlighted at 2025 Paris Fashion Week.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Eye of Love Introduces 'Matchmaker Collection' Planogram

Eye of Love has debuted a new display planogram for its Matchmaker Collection of pheromone-infused scents.

Fleshlight Debuts Taylor Vixxen Stroker

Fleshlight has introduced its new Pro stroker, molded on the anatomy of Taylor Vixxen.

Show More