Pink Visual President Honored by Newt Gingrich?

VAN NUYS, Calif. — In a truly unexpected move, the Washington, D.C.-based political-action committee American Solutions for Winning the Future(ASWF) named Allison Vivas, president of the adult entertainment studio Pink Visual, recipient of its Entrepreneur of the Year award for 2009 — and then rescinded that award.

The organization, which is headed by noted conservative politician Newt Gingrich, notified Vivas of the honor via fax on Wednesday.

"I'm honored, and more than a little surprised, to receive this prestigious award," Vivas said. "It never occurred to me that Newt Gingrich, one of the principal architects of the conservative Contract With America in the 1990s, would be willing to brave criticism from the far right of his party in order to recognize good work done on the part of an adult entertainment professional."

According to the notice from ASWF, should Vivas attend a private dinner being held on Oct. 7 at the historic Capitol Hill Club in Washington, she will "dine privately with Newt," who will then take the occasion to present Vivas with her "well deserved award" and pose for a photo with her.

The notice from ASWF also informed Vivas that Gingrich is "looking forward to finally meeting you (Vivas) face to face — and get your thoughts on Cap and Trade and Obama's Tax Policy."

In addition to a certificate recognizing her as Entrepreneur of the Year, ASWF stated that Gingrich would present Vivas with a replica of the "gavel that changed America," whether she attended the dinner or not.

Sadly, it was all too good to be true; as a follow up phone call to Vivas from a representative of American Solutions for Winning the Future informed her that there had been a mistake and that the fax was "inadvertently sent to her."

"We have notified Allison Vivas that the notice she received was sent by mistake," Dan Kotman, press secretary for American Solutions, told XBIZ. "We regret the error."

According to Vivas, she would have attended the event and taken the opportunity to inform Gingrich of some of the major challenges facing the adult entertainment industry in the current market, including obscenity prosecutions and content piracy.

"While we're disappointed to learn that this was apparently a mistake on the part of American Solutions for Winning the Future and/or the Business Defense Advisory Council, my sense is that the real mistake was not an 'inadvertant' fax, but a poorly targeted marketing campaign," Pink Visual Marketing Coordinator Q Boyer told XBIZ. "It may also have been a violation of laws against sending unsolicited faxes. It's possible that legal concern may have prompted the phone call as much as public relations damage control."

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

Show More