Carrie Prejean Threatens to Sue Vivid

LOS ANGELES — Former beauty queen and current darling of the conservative right Carrie Prejean is threatening to sue Vivid Entertainment if the company releases footage from her sex tape.

In a letter dated yesterday, Prejean’s attorney, Charles LiMandri, said he would sue Vivid for violating Prejean’s civil rights if it decides to release the sex tape it obtained from a third party on Nov. 13.

“[W]e are writing at this time to inform you that the unauthorized use of any videotapes or photographs of my client will result in her suing for invasion of privacy, including misappropriation of her likeness for a commercial purpose, as well as public disclosure of private facts,” Prejean’s attorney wrote to Vivid co-chairman Steve Hirsch. “She will also sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress and seek full consequential and punitive damages.”

Adding more fire to the Prejean sex tape controversy, Shauna Sand, she of “Shauna Sand Exposed” fame, has written a letter to Prejean advocating that the deposed Miss California USA work out a deal with Hirsch and take control of her sex tape.

“I went to [meet Hirsch] full of rage. During the meeting, however, I realized that I could actually take control of the situation,” Sand wrote. “Instead of spending thousands of dollars in legal fees for a lawsuit that could take months or even years to be resolved, I could actually turn things around.

“Why don’t you consider taking control of yourself and handle this situation on your own terms so that you are in the driver’s seat. It all starts with a telephone call to Steven to find out what your options are. I’d be happy to talk to you one-on-one about how I did it.”

So far, Prejean has rejected all of Vivid’s monetary enticements in regards to selling her sex tape commercially.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Briella Coley Makes Her Evil Angel Debut

Briella Coley has made her debut for Evil Angel alongside director/performer Richard Mann.

Jasmine Sherni Takes the Spotlight in 2-Part Brazzers Release

Jasmine Sherni stars in the two-part Brazzers scene titled “TroubleMakerzz.”

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

Linda Lan Performs 1st Anal, Headlines Jonni Darkko's 2nd 'POV Anal Sluts'

Linda Lan performs her first anal scene and toplines director Jonni Darkko’s sequel to “POV Anal Sluts,” from Evil Angel.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Leana Lovings, Aria Banks Front Latest From Reality Kings

Leana Lovings and Aria Banks star in the latest release from Reality Kings, titled "Synchronized Scissoring."

Penthouse Names Lennon Elizabeth April's 'Pet of the Month'

Penthouse Magazine has named model Lennon Elizabeth as Pet of the Month for April.

Bella Spark, Kelly Collins Star in Finale of VMG Cross-Site Feature 'Bang and Burn'

Bella Spark and Kelly Collins star with Vixen Media Group exclusive Jason Luv in the final installment of the cross-site spy feature "Bang and Burn."

Jade Kimiko, Cecelia Taylor Headline 'Women Seeking Women 199'

Jade Kimiko and Cecelia Taylor topline “Women Seeking Women 199” from Girlfriends Films.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Show More