Trojan Blips Under Microsoft Radar, Targets IE

REDMOND, Wash. — Although the Trojan known as “Delf-DH” was originally spotted by Microsoft security experts more than six months ago, news surfaced this week that initial prevention methods failed to realize the malicious software’s full potential.

The possibility has led to serious speculation in the tech community that Microsoft may release an emergency patch to rectify the situation.

Normally, Microsoft releases its updates on a set monthly basis, and is currently scheduled to release its next series of patches on Dec. 13, but security experts at the SANS Institute Internet Storm Centre said an out-of-cycle release is likely.

“I know that I am watching and waiting to see if Microsoft is going to release an out-of-cycle patch, or wait for the Dec. 13 patch day,” Scott Fendley of SANS said. “If I were a gambler, I might actually bet on Microsoft releasing it early.”

Fendley recommended IE users turn off Java script or use an alternative browser until the issue is resolved.

“This issue was originally reported to the public in May as being a stability issue that caused the browser to close,” said Microsoft officials in an updated advisory on the software giant’s website. “Since then, new information has been posted that indicates remote code execution could be possible.”

Delf-DH takes advantage of a vulnerability in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser, infecting unprotected Windows users who inadvertently download the Trojan off of malicious websites. Once installed, Delf-DH downloads malware that monitors user activity and redirect surfers to porn sites.

Microsoft admitted that even fully patched Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems are at risk of infection, though the company downplayed the seriousness of the Trojan.

“Upon completion of this investigation, Microsoft will take the appropriate action to help protect our customers,” the company advisory said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More