Met Raid Nets 40 Child Porn Arrests

LONDON — More than 40 pedophile suspects have been arrested by Metropolitan Police as the officers continue the crackdown on child pornography abusers.

Three hundred Scotland Yard officers raided 55 street addresses, arresting students, computer programmers, bank workers and real estate agents among others, during an operation aimed at protecting children from pornography predators. Police asked wives and girlfriends to report men they suspected of viewing online child pornography prior to the arrests.

Previously, in 2002, U.K. investigators launched Operation Ore, the U.K.'s largest-ever police hunt against Internet pedophiles, after U.S. investigators discovered Internet users around the world were accessing images of child abuse from a Texas-based website. Through the course of the investigation, more than 7,000 suspects were identified, leading to more than 1,200 convictions of child pornography users.

"Pedophiles have not learnt from Operation Ore. They are still going online to find images of child abuse,” Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Superintendent Peter Spindler, head of the Met's Child Abuse Investigation Command, said.

Spindler said personal computer equipment often is too sophisticated for the Metropolitan Police to deal with, but now, a custom-built forensics van, complete with high-tech scanning devices, is accompanying officers on complex cases. The van is reported to be the first of its kind in Europe.

Metropolitan Police Detective Sergeant Shaun Reardon said even the most advanced online offenders are being caught using the technology.

"With the use of this van, a full evidential package against a person suspected of looking at online child abuse can now be prepared within a day if needed," Reardon said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

Show More