Isaacs Could Face Obscenity Trial as Early as October

LOS ANGELES — The federal obscenity case against Ira Isaacs is moving forward.

U.S. District Judge George King has calendared an Aug. 2 trial setting and status conference for Isaacs, who faces multiple obscenity-related counts in connection with movies his company distributed through the mail.

King has ordered Isaacs and his attorney, Roger Jon Diamond, to appear at the pretrial proceeding in his chambers.

Diamond told XBIZ that trial in the case could begin in 70 days after the August proceeding, or as early as October.

Isaacs, who owns Stolen Cars Films and LA Media, was targeted by federal prosecutors over the distribution of “Gang Bang Horse — ‘Pony Sex Game,’” “Mako’s First Time Scat,” “Hollywood Scat Amateurs No. 7” and “BAE 20.”

Diamond earlier this year asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review Isaacs' case. The Justice Department's Obscenity Prosecution Task Force attorneys agreed at the time to waive pretrial proceedings relative to his retrial while the highest court in the country decides whether to take up the case.

Isaacs' obscenity case was put on hold last year after federal Judge Alex Kozinski recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

Diamond contended that Isaacs, who is free on bond, shouldn’t be retried because there was no manifest necessity for the declaration of the mistrial, which was declared without Isaacs' consent, and that it would amount to double jeopardy, a procedural defense that forbids a defendant from being tried twice for the same crime on the same set of facts.

“My argument has been that Kozinski prematurely called a mistrial, when they could have put in a new judge midway through the proceedings,” Diamond told XBIZ earlier this year.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided Kozinski’s recusal was proper and that Kozinski exercised “sound discretion” in declaring a mistrial because of “extraordinary circumstances.”

"Ira had the right to have his trial concluded," Diamond said. "He has a right not to stand trial a second time."

But the U.S. Supreme Court hasn't taken up the case.

On Friday, Diamond said that he is confident that Isaacs would be found not guilty when the case goes to trial again. Diamond estimated it would take one week to complete the case in federal court.

"I think we have a very good position, and I think Ira will do a good job on the stand," he said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Anissa Kate Stars in Latest From Brazzers

Anissa Kate stars with Brazzers exclusive Girthmasterr in the studio’s latest release, titled "Backdoor Action In The Backyard."

Stella Luxx Makes Her Blacked Debut

Stella Luxx has made her debut for Vixen Media Group (VMG) studio imprint Blacked, alongside Jason Luv, in the studio’s latest release.

'Swing Nation' Hosts Lacy and Dan Make Their WIFEY Debuts

Lacy and Dan, hosts of the "Swing Nation" lifestyle podcast, star with Jamie Knoxx, Dan Damage, and Hollywood Cash in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Lilly Bell Fronts Latest From Girlsway

2025 XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Lilly Bell stars with Laura Bentley in the latest Girlsway release, titled “You're a Nudist Now??”

Charlotte Sins, Victoria Grant Star in New Transfixed Release

Charlotte Sins and Victoria Grant star with Baxxx in the latest release from Transfixed, titled "Office Catfight!"

Candie Luciani Leads Dorcel's 'Thr3e #9'

Candie Luciani headlines the latest release from Dorcel, titled “Thr3e #9.”

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Anna Claire Clouds Headlines 'POV Hookups' From Mr. Big POV

2025 XMAs Female Performer of the Year Anna Claire Clouds toplines “POV Hookups,” the latest release from Mile High Media's newly launched studio brand Mr. Big POV.

Madison Ivy Returns to Brazzers

Madison Ivy has returned to Brazzers alongside studio exclusive Girthmasterr in "The Boss is Back."

Show More