Ilan Bunimovitz, 2 Large Investors Seek Injunction Against Private

LAS VEGAS — Former Private Media Group CEO Ilan Bunimovitz and two large investors have filed suit against the adult entertainment giant, claiming it is mismanaged by its present chairman and board of directors.

The suit, filed at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, seeks an injunction over much of Barcelona-based Private's business activities and seeks the appointment of a receiver.

A hearing over the matter begins Friday morning in Las Vegas.

Joining Bunimovitz as plaintiffs are stockholders Consipio Holding BV, which purports to hold 5.6 million shares of the company, and Tisbury Services Ltd., which owns 2.8 million shares. Bunimovitz owns 1.9 million shares.

The proposed injunction would enjoin Private from issuing any additional shares of stock, incurring any additional debt, disposing of any business assets outside of the ordinary course of business and making any loans to any officer, affiliate or director of the company.

It also would force Private from closing any bank or brokerage account and paying any bonus to any officer or director of the company.

Bunimovitz told XBIZ that he couldn't comment on the claims but said, "We tried to be very clear in our case."

Last month, Bunimovitz’s attorneys claimed there was no legitimate basis or cause for his purported termination. Berth Milton, a long-time Private executive and board chairman, replaced Bunimovitz as acting CEO on July 19.

Bunimovitz has been contesting his termination from the company because "it was taken in retaliation for his efforts to investigate self-dealing transactions by [Milton] that were possibly contrary to the [Private's] interests and violative of the federal securities laws," according to a statement obtained by XBIZ.

Private said Bunimovitz was terminated by the company under provisions allowing it to terminate the agreement for cause. But Bunimovitz said his termination was an act of retaliation in an effort to silence him.

Attorneys for Private were not immediately available for comment at post time.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Leana Lovings, Aria Banks Front Latest From Reality Kings

Leana Lovings and Aria Banks star in the latest release from Reality Kings, titled "Synchronized Scissoring."

Penthouse Names Lennon Elizabeth April's 'Pet of the Month'

Penthouse Magazine has named model Lennon Elizabeth as Pet of the Month for April.

Bella Spark, Kelly Collins Star in Finale of VMG Cross-Site Feature 'Bang and Burn'

Bella Spark and Kelly Collins star with Vixen Media Group exclusive Jason Luv in the final installment of the cross-site spy feature "Bang and Burn."

Jade Kimiko, Cecelia Taylor Headline 'Women Seeking Women 199'

Jade Kimiko and Cecelia Taylor topline “Women Seeking Women 199” from Girlfriends Films.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Kaela Luna Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Kaela Luna has made her TransAngles debut alongside Parker Savage and Harrison Feels in “Jackhammering Kaela.”

Adult Time Marks April Fool's Day With 5 Satirical Releases

Adult Time is marking April Fool’s Day with the release of satirical scenes from five of its series.

Show More