Oron Denied Request for Additional Funds

LAS VEGAS -- A federal judge didn't buy Oron's explanation for needing $355,000 in additional funding to keep on operating and has denied its request.

In her order, U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro said Oron did not provide any evidence to demonstrate that the money was already used to pay other costs or expenses.

She said that $100,000 in funds earlier withdrawn should have covered Oron's bill with LeaseWeb.

"Furthermore, any future requests must be accompanied by a full accounting of defendants accounts and presented with appropriate documentation and any future requests for additional funds shall state the amount requested in U.S. dollars," she said.

Oron attorneys earlier today stated their request for $355,000 in additional funding in euros, which Corbin Fisher noted in a footnote in its opposition.

"In Oron’s prior motion, it converted the funds it requested from euros to American dollars," Corbin Fisher said in the footnote. "Presumably, it did not do so in the instant motion in the hope that the court would not notice that it was requesting almost the exact same amount."

Gay adult company Corbin Fisher last week sued operators of Oron.com for $34.8 million in damages, alleging they had knowledge of and induced the trading of pirated porn on its site.  

PayPal, AlertPay and CCBill were ordered to freeze Oron accounts; VeriSign also was ordered to freeze the Oron.com domain name from any transfers.  

Earlier this week, U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro agreed with Corbin Fisher attorneys that Oron didn't provide any itemization or accounting for the court to consider and allowed it to withdraw only $100,000 to keep the site afloat and pay off lawyers.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Irish Government Releases Report on Sex Work Decriminalization Legislation

The Irish government has released a report reviewing a 2017 law that decriminalized sex work across the country.

Texas Bill Would Require Age Verification for Online Sex Toy Sales

A new bill in the Texas state legislature would require online retailers to implement age verification of purchasers before selling “obscene devices” to anyone in that state.

New York Assemblyman Proposes Banning the Term 'Sex Work'

Republican New York Assembly Member Brian Maher has introduced a bill to prohibit the use of the term "sex work" in government documents.

Show More