Legit Oron.com Users Urged to Back Up Data

LAS VEGAS -- Corbin Fisher, which filed a $34.8 million piracy suit against Oron less than two weeks ago, has issued a  press release warning legitimate users of the file-locker site to back up their files.

Just last week, Oron's operators told the court that the site could go out of business if it were unable to withdraw additional funds to pay host LeaseWeb.

Corbin Fisher counsel, meanwhile, said Saturday night that all user data on the site could be imperiled.

"Oron's attorneys told the court that: 'If Oron's servers are shut down for non-payment of those monthly hosting fees ... its users -- 99.9 percent of whom have no connection to this litigation - will lose access to their data.'

 "This leads us to believe that Oron neither maintains nor is instituting any backup of user data," Corbin Fisher counsel said. "Therefore, if there are any legitimate users of Oron out there, Liberty Media Holdings (Corbin Fisher's parent company) advises them to back up any important files for which they are the proper owner or licensee." 

On Sunday afternoon, Oron.com continued to be operating.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research outfit SWR Data has published a report on the performance of clip platforms and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches by Country for December, January

AEBN has released the list of popular searches from its straight and gay theaters, by country, for December and January.

Jim Austin Joins CrakRevenue Team

Online industry veteran and business strategist Jim Austin has been hired by CrakRevenue.

Judge Dismisses NCOSE-Backed Suits Against Adult Sites Over Kansas AV Law

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed lawsuits brought against two adult websites in Kansas for alleged violations of the state’s age verification law.

Aylo/SWOP Panel Spotlights Creators' Struggle for Digital, Financial Rights

Aylo and Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) Behind Bars presented, on Tuesday, an online panel on creators’ rights, debanking and deplatforming.

Show More