Nev. Politician Accusing Opponent of ‘Porn’ Ties in Smear Campaign

LAS VEGAS — Negative attack ads are standard fare in American politics, but lieutenant governor candidate Brian Krolicki’s ad campaign, in which he accuses Barbara Lee Woollen, his opponent for the Republican nomination, of working in X-rated films, is downright libelous, according to Woolen.

The ads in question uses box covers and images from for three movies referred to as “lesbian adult videos.” The movies, “Women: Stories of Passion,” “Dead Sexy” and “Red Shoe Diaries,” are softcore, cable fare with TV-MA, not X, ratings. A third Republican candidate, Melody Damayo, previously performed in hardcore porn under the name Mimi Miyagi.

Woollen owns Cinelease, a motion picture equipment rental business that leases cameras, lights and other equipment to moviemakers in Nevada, including the production companies that made the movies cited in the ads.

But Woollen — whose campaign slogan is, “We're a compassionate country, but enough is enough!” — said she had no idea the productions would be of an adult nature and that she is anti-porn all the way.

“I can unequivocally say that Cinelease does not actively or knowingly seek out pornographic projects to rent its equipment to,” she said. “Personally, I am offended by pornography. I do not watch pornography and, as far as I am concerned, I feel that society would be better off without pornography.”

Woollen’s attorneys contacted all TV stations running the ads, demanding that they cease and desist from continuing to do so. They also filed a restraining order and requested a permanent injunction barring the broadcast of the commercials as well as an ethics complaint with the Nevada Ethics Commission.

A Las Vegas court refused to grant Woollen an injunction. District Judge Valerie Adair said the ad’s claims might be exaggerated but political speech must be protected.

But Woollen still has a libel and slander lawsuit pending against Krolicki and several members of his campaign staff over the commercial. She may have hurt her efforts to prove the ads damage her reputation, however, by commenting that Nevada voters are too smart to fall for lies.

“This may come as a shock to Brian and his advisors, but voters here in Nevada are very intelligent and they care deeply about the issues facing their state,” she said. “They will not be fooled by distasteful displays of dirty politics. Perhaps this poll will teach Brian a lesson not to underestimate the people of Nevada in the future.

“He is just playing dirty politics,” she added. “I think people are tired of it.”

Several local newspaper columnists have pointed out the irony of a Republican candidate who routinely spouts the “family values” line being victimized by false accusations of smut peddling and irresponsible use of the word “porn.”

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

Show More