BenWa Operator Ordered to Pay $186,000

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A Florida court has awarded $186,000 to the owner of sex toy and novelty retailer and distributor Best Sensation Corp. who accused BenWa International chief executive David Gordon for backing out of a multistate franchise distribution deal and pocketing upfront fees.

Best Sensation owner Roy Ojala, in his original complaint, said he met Gordon at an industry conference last year in Miami, where the two hammered out an agreement for a three-state exclusive franchise distribution deal for BenWa Balls in Florida, Georgia and Louisiana. The deal between the two provided for BenWa to provide "free inventory" in the deal.

Ojala, however, said the verbal deal was fraught with "excuses and delays" and ended up without a contract ever being signed or any inventory delivered despite the fact that Gordon received $62,000.

After a review of the pleadings, evidence and affidavits supplied in the case, Circuit Court Judge William Ruby sided with Ojala, who alleged one count of civil theft, and granted summary judgment. Ruby also agreed to allow treble damages against Gordon, or an award three times actual damages.

Gordon, who represented himself in the case at St. Lucie County, Fla., Circuit Court, didn't respond to XBIZ for comment or questions on whether he'll appeal the judgment.

Ojala told XBIZ that he relished at the opportunity to sell BenWa products because the brand is one of the oldest in the sex toy and novelty business.

Further, Ojala said he liked prospects of the original deal with BenWa because Gordon said "they had deals going with gynocology associations where they spent tens of thousands on these deals which we would take over." 

BenWa balls, which have been sold for decades, are small, marble-sized balls — hollow and containing a small weight — that roll around and are used for sexual stimulation by insertion into the vagina.

"Given it was a 70-year-old company, we fell for this hook, line and sinker," he said. "Regardless ... we invested the monies for the distribution deal, which never happened, and when I realized I had been scammed I contacted our attorney to file a suit."

The $186,000 judgment against Gordon, which hasn't been satisfied, does not include Ojala's attorneys fees.

View judgment

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

WSST Partners With OEJ to Launch 'Cristal Collection'

We Sell Sex Toys (WSST) has partnered with Our Erotic Journey (OEJ), adding the Cristal Collection to its curated catalog of pleasure products.

E-Stim Introduces 'The Slider' System

E-Stim Systems has introduced The Slider insertable electrode system.

Orion Expands 'Bad Kitty' Line

Orion Wholesale has added two new chain collars to its Bad Kitty collection of fetish accessories.

Eldorado Releases 2026 Lingerie Catalog

Eldorado Trading Co. has released its 2026 Lingerie Catalog.

Pipedream Names Sunny Winkleman Account Executive

Pipedream Products has appointed Sunny Winkleman as its new account executive.

Nexus Expands 'Ascend' Line

Nexus has expanded its Ascend collection with the new Extreme thrusting and rotating massager.

Blush Expands 'Performance' Line With 3 New Penis Extender Sleeves

Blush has expanded its Performance collection with three new extender sleeves.

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Show More