Warrant Issued for Girls Gone Wild Founder Joe Francis' Arrest

LOS ANGELES — A federal judge yesterday issued a warrant for Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis’ arrest after he failed to turn over a 2012 Bentley Flying Spur and a 2007 Cadillac Escalade in a bankruptcy case.

U.S. District Judge Fernando M. Olguin issued the warrant after the district court was tapped by the bankruptcy court to determine possible incarceration for civil contempt.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sandra Klein last summer ordered $5,000-a-day fines against Francis for not handing over the vehicles, which were previously Girls Gone Wild company cars.

The cars were reported by Francis to have been seized by a Mexican strip club operator after the company defaulted on a promotion deal. As a result, Francis said he can't produce the cars allegedly taken in Guadalajara.

So far, Francis could owe at least $1.3 million in fines based on Klein’s $5,000-a-day fines ordered last summer.

According to court records and recent tabloid stories, Francis and his wife, Abbey Wilson, are currently living in Mexico with their baby twin girls.

Francis and Wilson late last year made a plea to the court to avoid travel to the U.S. for depositions, saying it would be a burden to travel to the U.S. because their daughters were born premature and lack U.S. passports; instead the couple told the court that they could be deposed in Mexico telephonically.

But Francis, facing jail time in the U.S., is immune from extradition in Mexico. The U.S. and Mexico provides for the capture and return of those who face criminal charges, not civil contempt.

GGW Acquisition bought Girls Gone Wild assets for $1.825 million at bankruptcy auction last year.

The company's assets went up for sale after Francis-operated companies filed Chapter 11 in a purported pre-emptive move to stave off Las Vegas entertainment mogul Steve Wynn and his companies from taking assets as repayment for more than $30 million in gambling debts.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Stephen Colbert Takes Aim at Texas' Crackdown on Sex Toys

Stephen Colbert is cracking up over Texas lawmakers’ crackdown on sex toys in the state.

Jade Kimiko, Cecelia Taylor Headline 'Women Seeking Women 199'

Jade Kimiko and Cecelia Taylor topline “Women Seeking Women 199” from Girlfriends Films.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

XR Brands 'Silicone Body Forms' Highlighted at Paris Fashion Week

XR Brands’ Ripped Silicone Male Chest and Perky Pair Silicone Breasts were highlighted at 2025 Paris Fashion Week.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Kaela Luna Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Kaela Luna has made her TransAngles debut alongside Parker Savage and Harrison Feels in “Jackhammering Kaela.”

Adult Time Marks April Fool's Day With 5 Satirical Releases

Adult Time is marking April Fool’s Day with the release of satirical scenes from five of its series.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

Adult Time Wraps Production on Bree Mills' Feature 'Escape From Camp Conversion'

Adult Time has wrapped production on its latest feature, the Bree Mills-helmed "Escape From Camp Conversion," from its Girlcore studio brand.

Show More