Judge: Falcon Foto, Porn Kings Must Litigate in Seattle

SEATTLE — A judge in the ongoing legal battle between Porn Kings and Falcon Foto has clarified the multistate copyright dispute, consolidating cases filed by both parties into a single action, which will be heard in U.S. District Court in Seattle.

According to the four-page order from U.S. Judge Ricardo Martinez, both parties filed suit about the same time, with Porn Kings, the DBA for Lucas Bradfield’s Noble Developments, seeking to be heard in a U.S. District Court in Los Angles.

In December, U.S. Judge James Otero dismissed the Porn Kings claim that sought to affirmatively establish that the company had not infringed on any Falcon Foto copyrights.

Otero’s ruling transferred the Porn King’s case to Seattle, where Falcon had already filed suit for copyright infringement.

The Falcon case had been assigned to judge Martinez, but the recently arrived Porn Kings claim had been given to Judge Robert Lasnik.

Martinez ruled to consolidate the two cases because both deal with the same set of facts and law. Martinez also concluded that hearing both cases together would not prejudice either party.

Falcon Foto attorney Robert Apgood told XBIZ the decision by Judge Martinez to consolidate the two cases in his court effectively ends a forum shopping attempt by Porn Kings.

“What this really means is that their case won’t be clogging up the court’s docket with what was really just forum shopping,” Apgood said. “We can now move forward with the case.”

Porn Kings attorney Venkat Balasubramani told XBIZ that he had no objection to consolidating the two cases.

“This isn’t a ruling on the merits, and it doesn’t effect the lawsuit,” Balasubramani said. “Once the case had been transferred to Seattle, we agreed that consolidation was best.”

Apgood said the case now moves into the discovery phase, which is expected to last take some time.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

ASGMax Debuts 'Roleplay' AI Chat Feature

Alpha Studio Group (ASG) has introduced the ASGmax Roleplay AI chat feature.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Show More