LiveJasmin Wins Cybersquatting Case

LiveJasmin Wins Cybersquatting Case

SAO PAULO — The company that runs adult live cam sites LiveJasmin.com and Jasmin.com was successful in a recent cybersquatting case argued before a WIPO arbitrator.

The website at the center of LiveJasmin’s complaint was Jasmin.cc, a site registered in May 2013 that currently resolves to a parked page.

LiveJasmin’s attorney, Marc Randazza of Randazza Legal Group, however, argued that the disputed domain name was previously used in connection with a website offering redirects to the live cam giant’s competitors.

Randazza also argued that LiveJasmin has an 11-year-old trademark in the U.S. for the brand, and that the respondent in the claim, Dragos Neagu of Giurgiu, Romania, has no rights to the domain name with the .cc country code top-level domain address (.cc is the ccTLD for Cocos [Keeling] Islands, a territory of Australia).

Without a formal response from Neagu, WIPO arbitrator Wilson Pinheiro Jabur ruled on the merits of the case, finding for LiveJasmin’s parent company, Duodecad IT Services, and ordering the domain name transferred.

“Respondent used the disputed domain name in a clear attempt to attract internet users to its website by creating a likelihood of confusion among the consuming public as to the source, affiliation or endorsement of the respondent’s infringing services and the complainant’s website and services,” Jabur said in his ruling.

Randazza told XBIZ that the legal victory was a significant one, particularly because LiveJadmin is one of the top live cam companies in the adult entertainment space.

“Live Jasmin has one of the strongest and most respected brands in the adult industry globally,” he said. “We are delighted to of been able to assist them in protecting their intellectual property rights and managing their brand.”

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More