Teacher Gets Nabbed For Kid Porn

NEW YORK, NY – A school teacher with a child porn conviction that dated back to a 1999 arrest was busted on a second offense this week for possessing what prosecutors are calling "extraordinarily violent" child pornography.

The man, Anthony Cotroneo, was most recently a teacher at Xaverian High School in Brooklyn after making his way through a series of teaching jobs. Prior to that, he had been on probation for three years for his first child porn offense.

Prosecutors are puzzled by how Cotroneo, 57, was even able to get a job as a teacher after having child porn on his record, and school officials were unable to prove that Cotroneo's police record had ever been reviewed as part of the hiring process.

Colleagues from Cotroneo's former teaching jobs expressed surprise that someone as generally liked and seemingly responsible as Cotroneo could have been involved with child porn.

Cotroneo's continued interest in child porn caught the attention of postal inspectors after his name came up recently in an Internet chat room for pedophiles looking to purchase hardcore child porn images and videotapes, authorities said.

"During the course of the next several months, the defendant repeatedly requested the videotapes, which were explicitly advertised as containing images of extraordinarily violent child pornography," the Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert Henoch said in a written statement.

Cotroneo reportedly asked the sellers of the child porn to mail the materials to friend's address to avoid having his wife find out, the New York Daily News reported.

A search and seizure of his home in Staten Island revealed a large amount of child porn DVDs and movie files on his desktop computer containing "images of prepubescent girls" being sexually abused by adult males, the New York Daily News reported.

"This is outrageous," an Education Department spokeswoman was quoted as saying. "We are looking into a procedure so that this doesn't happen again."

Cotroneo's arrest is still pending, say authorities, after his wife posted bail.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Appeals Court Upholds Section 230 Immunity in XVideos Case

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit has upheld a lower court’s ruling that Section 230 protects WebGroup Czech Republic from liability in a case involving user-uploaded CSAM on its tube sites.

JustFor.fans Wins Trademark Infringement Case Against Fraudulent Domain

The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has ruled in favor of fan site JustFor.fans in a case against a website using an infringing domain.

Aylo Moves to Settle Two 'Children of Pornhub' Class-Action Lawsuits

Aylo has agreed to terms for a settlement with the plaintiffs in two long-running class actions over allegations that former Pornhub parent company MindGeek knowingly allowed and profited from CSAM on its sites.

FSC Hails Members, Allies in SCREEN Act Victory

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) released a statement today praising its members and allies after a successful lobbying effort to prevent the SCREEN Act, a nationwide age verification bill, from advancing out of the Commerce Committee for a full vote on the Senate floor.

SCREEN Act Stalls in Senate Committee Over Technicality

The Senate Commerce Committee on Wednesday voted to approve the SCREEN Act, which would mandate nationwide site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content online, but a procedural issue blocked the bill from advancing to the full Senate.

SCREEN Act Back in Play: Federal AV Bill Faces Senate Hearing

The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation has slated a markup session this week for the SCREEN Act, which would mandate site-based age verification of users accessing adult content online on a national level.

Arcom Targets 31 Adult Sites Over Age Verification

French media regulator Arcom on Wednesday announced that it is taking action against 31 adult websites that the agency says have failed to implement age verification as required under France’s Security and Regulation of the Digital Space (SREN) law.

New 'PROTECT Act' Would Make North Carolina Rules for Adult Sites Federal Law

Senator Mike Lee of Utah on Thursday introduced legislation that would impose strict new federal rules on adult sites and platforms, strongly echoing similar regulations imposed last year in North Carolina.

Dutch Police Raid Servers Hosting 'Motherless' Website

A Dutch National Police Corps cybercrime team on Tuesday conducted raids on hosting companies in three cities, seizing servers owned or used by controversial adult website Motherless, as part of an investigation into possible illegal content.

Show More