Former News Anchor Settles

AKRON, Ohio -- Catherine Bosley, the TV news anchor whose nude pictures surfaced on the Internet in January while taking part in a wet T-shirt contest, has settled with two Internet companies.

Bosley resigned as news anchor at WKBN in Youngstown, Ohio, after her superiors found out about what she did on her vacation in Key West, Fla., last year.

The two companies which settled were My Way in Irvington, N.Y., and Internet Key Inc. in Holmdel, N.J. Terms of the settlements were not disclosed.

The suit in federal court continues for another company, Seattle-based Marvad Corp., which runs SexBrat.com. Marvad was the first adult site to market the Paris Hilton sex tape with ex-boyfriend Rick Solomon.

The Bosley videotape first surfaced after a Tampa, Fla.-based company called DreamGirls leaked the content onto the web. Sexbrat.com claims to have secured the licensing rights from DreamGirls and marketed the video.

Bosley worked as anchor for 10 years at the station and was vacationing with her husband after recovering from a deadly lung disease when she participated in the contest serendipitously, she said.

She appears on stage for all three rounds of the contest and then at the time of the final judging, she takes off her clothes. The prize money for the contest was no more than $300.

“It was just a spur of the moment, silly, irresponsible thing to do that I regretted a great deal the next morning,” Bosley told reporters earlier this year.

“I know that I have to set a standard and I'm a bit of a role model so I take responsibility for what I'm supposed to be held up to,” Bosley said. “This definitely goes down in one of those categories of what was I thinking? What was I thinking?”

Bosley this week testified that she never gave permission to broadcast nude images and streaming video across the Internet.

The first day of testimony on a preliminary injunction blocking web sites from distributing videotapes of Bosley at the bar featured testimony from Bosley's husband, Richard Brown, and Matt Saunders, computer technician for Bosley's attorney Mark S. Colucci.

A federal judge granted Bosley's request to block the distribution of her images. The order was set to expire March 29.

During cross-examination from Akron attorney Ronald S. Kopp, representing Marvad, the former news anchor said she was aware that everyone could see her performance and some had cameras, but she was not aware of any video recorders.

She said she thought those in the crowd were college students and that ''the worst that could happen was that they would end up with a picture of me in their dorm room.''

Internet research group Terra Lycos said that in late January, Bosley bumped a naked Paris Hilton off of the top slot for searches after her pictures circulated on the web. The pictures even trumped Britney Spears, Pamela Anderson and Kazaa for top search terms.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

AEBN Publishes Report on DP Trends

AEBN has published a report on DP and extreme penetration categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Free Speech Coalition Appoints Megan Stokes to Board of Directors

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has appointed Megan Stokes to its Board of Directors.

FansRevenue Acquires DivaTraffic

FansRevenue has acquired web traffic service DivaTraffic.

AEBN Announces Peter Green as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2025

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2025, with Peter Green landing atop the leaderboard.

Spicey AI Relaunches Site, Debuts $Spicey Tokens

Interactive voice chat platform Spicey AI has relaunched its website and introduced $Spicey tokens.

FSC: Missouri Age Verification Rule Will Not Take Effect August 30

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced that Missouri's proposed age verification legislation will not take effect on August 30, as it had originally estimated.

Little Caprice, Marcello Bravo to Co-Host 2025 XMA Europa Awards

XBIZ is pleased to announce that husband-and-wife duo Little Caprice and Marcello Bravo will co-host adult’s biggest night in Europe: the 2025 XMA Europa Awards on Sept. 4, in the epic climax to XBIZ’s fall events series.

Germany Will Block Payments to AV-Noncompliant Adult Sites as of Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, Germany will implement new rules prohibiting financial institutions from providing payment services to adult sites deemed to have inadequate age verification systems and making it easier for the government to target websites mirroring the content of such sites.

Jerkmate Joins Pineapple Support as Partner-Level Sponsor

Jerkmate has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

FSC Launches Age Verification Toolkit for Adult Websites

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has launched a comprehensive toolkit to help adult websites navigate age verification laws.

Show More