Performers Seek to Drop Blacklisting Lawsuit Against Meta

Performers Seek to Drop Blacklisting Lawsuit Against Meta

SAN FRANCISCO — Adult Performance Artists Guild board officers Alana Evans, Kelly Pierce and Ruby informed a California federal court on Monday that they want to drop their lawsuit claiming that Meta conspired with OnlyFans to blacklist rival premium fan platforms’ talent.

As XBIZ reported, Evans, Pierce and Ruby originally filed the civil lawsuit in February 2022 against OnlyFans and its owner, as well as Instagram and Facebook’s parent company, Meta. The suit replicated claims from an earlier lawsuit filed on behalf of FanCentro in November 2021, alleging a conspiracy to engage in “tortious interference with contract and intentional interference with prospective business.”

The proposed class action, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, “accused Meta of blocking social media posts from adult entertainers who compete with artists who perform exclusively on OnlyFans’ subscription platform,” Law 360 reported.

In their motion to dismiss, the three performers “said their lawyers recently met with Meta’s counsel and were told that the company didn’t have the evidence that would back their case’s key theory,” which alleged that “their posts were filtered through a database the Meta social media sites use to flag and remove content produced by ‘dangerous individuals and organizations,’ to help curtail the spread of terrorism and violent extremism online,” Law 360 reported.

The plaintiffs say Meta informed them that the company “found no evidence that any competitor platform was currently on the list, or had been nominated for inclusion.”

According to their motion, “based on the information Meta defendants provided, the information essential to plaintiffs’ class allegations is not available,” making further discovery efforts “futile.”

The plaintiffs also stated that Meta provided “ambiguous and incomplete responses” to their questions and that they were told that “there is no archived version of the blacklist, which changes over time. There’s also no automated process for making additions to the list … as each entry goes through a nomination and review process,” Law 360 reported. “After hearing from Meta and acknowledging the lack of data, the performers told the court that they couldn’t move forward in federal court with their federal class claims, the only basis they alleged for federal jurisdiction.”

Meta also filed a motion to the court on Monday, seeking summary judgment.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup is scheduled to hear both motions on April 24.

As XBIZ reported, in July, Alsup dismissed claims against OnlyFans’ parent companies, Fenix International Ltd. and Fenix Internet LLC, and against owner Leon Radvinsky, following the plaintiffs’ disavowal of allegations that wire transfers were used to bribe senior Meta executives.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Irish Government Releases Report on Sex Work Decriminalization Legislation

The Irish government has released a report reviewing a 2017 law that decriminalized sex work across the country.

Texas Bill Would Require Age Verification for Online Sex Toy Sales

A new bill in the Texas state legislature would require online retailers to implement age verification of purchasers before selling “obscene devices” to anyone in that state.

New York Assemblyman Proposes Banning the Term 'Sex Work'

Republican New York Assembly Member Brian Maher has introduced a bill to prohibit the use of the term "sex work" in government documents.

Show More