FBI Fingers ‘John Doe’ Child Porn Suspect

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A federal grand jury indicted an unidentified “John Doe” on Friday for transporting child pornography over the Internet.

The indictment grew out of the FBI’s Endangered Child Alert Program, a new nationwide initiative to identify and prosecute adults involved in child porn.

The FBI alleges that on Jan. 21, the unidentified defendant transported (and aided and abetted in transporting) over the Internet three images of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct.

The federal indictment returned by the grand jury in Missouri alleges that at least one of the child porn images involves a prepubescent minor under the age of 12. At least one of the images portrays sadistic, masochistic and violent conduct.

“We have photos of the defendant, and we are asking for the public’s assistance to identify this man,” the Justice Department’s Assistant Attorney General Christopher A. Wray told XBiz.

The defendant, a white male with brown hair weighing between 180 to190 pounds, is pictured in a posting on the FBI’s website

In the FBI’s first three ECAP cases, images of unidentified defendants were also featured on the TV program “America’s Most Wanted.”

All three defendants were recognized by viewers of the television show and are now being prosecuted. Twenty-two victimized children have been identified and saved from further abuse as a result of the ECAP initiative.

“The FBI’s forensic scientists do a fantastic job,” Joan Irvine, the executive director of Adult Sites Against Child Pornography, told XBiz. “Their forensic people go through pictures to see if they can identify the person. They look at mirrors, eyes for reflections. They do major forensics on the images and put together a composite picture” of the suspect.

Irvine said that since March, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of child porn reports made to ASACP.

In the six to nine months prior to March, 4,000 reports were made per month to ASACP’s online hotline. However, since then, the number of monthly reports has risen to 5,000, Irvine said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

UPDATED: Supreme Court Rejects Tariffs, Trump Responds

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration’s sweeping tariffs, which have significantly impacted the pleasure industry, prompting the president to announce a new tariff strategy as a workaround.

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Judge Dismisses NCOSE-Backed Suits Against Adult Sites Over Kansas AV Law

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed lawsuits brought against two adult websites in Kansas for alleged violations of the state’s age verification law.

Aylo/SWOP Panel Spotlights Creators' Struggle for Digital, Financial Rights

Aylo and Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) Behind Bars presented, on Tuesday, an online panel on creators’ rights, debanking and deplatforming.

AV Bulletin: Canada, Italy, Australia Updates

Since the Supreme Court’s decision in Free Speech Coalition v. Paxton, more state age verification laws have been enacted around the United States, as well as proposed at the federal level and in other countries. This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Show More