Police Accidentally Send Child Porn to Schools

SYDNEY – The recent child porn crackdown in Australia that yielded hundreds of suspects and put the country on the map as one of the leading child porn fighters, met with an embarrassing oversight this week after police inadvertently sent emails containing child porn images to 1,800 schools throughout Sydney.

State Crime Command Assistant Commissioner Graeme Morgan admitted Thursday that his team of porn-fighting police officers had botched an effort to identify three victims of child pornography, and instead ended up sending full images of the young girls to hundreds of school principals.

The photos were first emailed by the Child Protection and Sex Crimes Squad to the New South Wales Education Department and were then forwarded to 1,800 principals throughout Sydney.

"Police intended only the faces of the three young girls to be viewed by the principals," Morgan said in a public apology to the principals and any one else who saw the full images. "I can only imagine that they would have been horrified by them."

The mistake was brought to the attention of police after several school principals telephoned the station with complaints that they had received images of the girls being molested. The photos were originally obtained from a child porn suspect facing a Dec. 15 hearing for possessing and distributing child porn.

Sydney police officials are claiming that the oversight was the result of a computer glitch and they have issued an advisory to all school principals to destroy the images upon receipt.

According to reports, the images showed the three girls, between the ages of 4 and 8, in explicit poses. In one of the photos, an unidentified man is having sex with one of the victims.

Morgan said that the intention behind sending headshots of the girls to school leaders was to help identify whether they were from Australia.

Morgan added that the officers involved in the oversight would not be disciplined, although an inquiry is being conducted and measures will be taken to prevent it from happening again.

Police have so far denied that the images were in any way related to Operation Auxin, the nationwide crackdown on Internet child pornography users.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

STD Hero Joins Pineapple Support as Sponsor

Better Life Science brand STD Hero has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

2026 XBIZ Miami Speaker, Open-Floor Conversation Guide Lineup Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full speaker lineup for XBIZ Miami, the latest edition of the adult industry’s premier summer conference, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in Miami Beach.

Show More