Nude Pictures Sink Australia Family-Values Candidate

SYDNEY — The conservative Family First party has dumped a candidate for the Australian House of Representatives after compromising pictures of him appeared on gay websites.

Andrew Quah, 22, a music teacher, admitted that the photographs had embarrassed his party and made his candidacy untenable.

"But that's not my penis," Quah said in reports. "Look, maybe somebody photoshopped it, and put another one on the photo. I can tell you, it's not me. I know these things. But really, I can't remember.

"I might have been drunk off my face, or my political enemies might have drugged me. It was a mistake that I would not have committed had I been of right mind. All I know, I have been humiliated."

Quah also has admitted to looking at adult websites in the past two weeks, which contradicts the Family First party's strong commitment to protect children by making adult material harder to access on the Internet.

Family First leader Steve Fielding over the weekend removed Quah as the party's candidate for a House seat representing part of Sydney.

"Andrew has admitted to the party that two of the photos were of himself, but he denied that a third photo was of himself," party spokeswoman Felicity de Fombelle told Reuters. "He denied uploading the photos, but he also admitted that he personally used pornography, so his views are at odds with the values of the party."

Quah said the photos were more than two years old and may have been taken while he was drunk. He admitted he did pose for two photos in an "inappropriate position."

"I hope that my behavior will not reflect badly on my colleagues and friends who share the desire to make Australia the best place in the world to raise a family," he said.

Quah had been a member of Family First for 11 months, de Fombelle said.

Family First was founded in 2002 and its first successful candidate was a former Assemblies of God pastor who won a place in South Australia's state parliament. In 2004 the party won a national Senate seat, running on a secular platform with strong religious roots.

Family First candidates have made crucial voting deals with the conservative Liberal Party of Prime Minister John Howard, who is fighting an uphill battle in the Nov. 24 national election.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More