Cyber Crime Investigator in Online Porn Controversy

LUFKIN, Texas — A local police detective assigned to the department's cyber crime division is himself being investigated over his numerous appearances with his wife in amateur porn productions on the popular SouthernCharms.com website.

Detective John Davis, 39, a certified forensic computer examiner and member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, has been relieved of his police duties and placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation.

The investigation into Davis’ adult activities should be completed next week, at which point the department will decide what action it will take against Davis, according to Police Chief Larry Brazil.

There have been no allegations that anything Davis has done is illegal.

"So far this occurred off duty and on an adult porn site which is not illegal by law," Brazil said.

According to City Manager Paul Parker, Brazil received a tip from local ABC affiliate KTRE-TV concerning Davis' involvement with amateur porn, at which point Brazil confronted Davis about the allegations.

"He was cooperative and told us what we wanted to know," Brazil said. "I think he was remorseful that he had been involved in something like that."

"Right now all this is just an investigation,” said Eric Carcerano, a lawyer working with the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas. “When and if the investigation is concluded we'll decide what we're going to do."

Carcerano said that the public should not make assumptions about the administrative leave that Davis was put on, as it is a standard operating procedure when internal affairs investigations are taking place.

Davis, who reports to the Attorney General's Office in Austin, had been recently working with another police officer involved in Internet crime investigation, and was reportedly being groomed for a leadership position within the cyber crime division when the porn controversy erupted.

"We don't condone this type of conduct and if it turns out that this is true, an appropriate action will be taken," Brazil said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More