9 D.C. Govt Employees Fired for Surfing Porn Sites

WASHINGTON — Nine D.C. government employees have been terminated for viewing adult websites on their work computers, while 32 other employees will receive letters of reprimand or suspensions, city officials announced Wednesday.

The employees, who have not been identified, were notified Wednesday of their terminations of their suspensions, but many of the workers are unionized, and have the right to appeal the city’s decision, according to city officials.

According to the city’s internal investigation, each of the nine terminated employees visited adult sites more than 19,000 times last year, while three among the nine had visited adult sites more than 39,000 times. The 32 employees that received reprimands or suspensions all visited adult sites more than 2,000 times in 2007.

“This is not just egregious behavior, it’s reprehensible,” Mayor Adrian Fenty said at a press conference called to announce the firings.

The city’s investigation began in late December, after Vivek Kundra, the city’s chief technology officer, received a tip from an employee of the Office of Property Management. Based on that tip, Kundra then conducted a review of the 10,000 city computers that had the WebSense monitoring software installed.

The investigation yielded no evidence of government employees looking at child pornography, according to city officials. The nine terminated employees all worked within four agencies; the attorney general’s office, child and family services, contracting and procurement and the property management department. The investigation also found that 14 other agencies had employees who had viewed adult sites more than 10 times per day.

Investigators confiscated the computers of the nine terminated employees and conducted forensic analysis to ensure that the employees slated for termination were in fact the ones who had viewed the adult sites. By tracking each employee’s IP address, officials said they were able to confirm with “100 percent certainty” that they had identified the correct employees, Kundra said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More