Cuadra, Kerekes Trial Postponed Until January

WILES-BARRE, Pa. — The trial of gay adult producers Harlow Cuadra, 26, and Joseph Kerekes, 34, has once again been postponed, this time to Jan. 5.

Cuadra and Kerekes are charged with the Jan. 24 murder of Cobra Video owner Brian Kocis. The trial had originally been slated to enter court on March 24, but was moved to Sept. 2 because defense attorneys for Cuadra and Kerekes requested more time to make adequate preparations for trial.

Cuadra and Kerekes are set to stand trial on charges of homicide, robbery, arson, abuse of a corpse and conspiracy to commit murder. The two both face the death penalty in the case.

Attorneys are expected to mount a mental-infirmity, or insanity, defense if they are convicted for the murder, according to Wilkes-Barre newspaper the Times Leader.

According to Pennsylvania’s CitizensVoice.com, Luzerne County Judge Peter Paul Olszewski Jr. said he had no choice but to move the trial to January because attorneys for both defendants argued their preparation had been hampered by the dismissal of two colleagues last month.

“I obviously have no control over it at this point,” Olszewski said in the courtroom. “I’m telling everybody right now, there will be no additional continuances.”

Shelley Centini, who represents Kerekes, asked for the postponement. Centini said the removal last month of Mark Bufalino from Kerekes’ defense team left the remaining attorneys unprepared.

Olszewski ruled last month that Bufalino and Paul Galante, an attorney for Cuadra, could no longer serve on the case because the two attorneys work for the same law firm — the Wilkes-Barre office of Elliott Greenleaf.

They all are members of Luzerne County’s conflict counsel pool, which is a separate group of publicly funded attorneys assigned to cases when a defendant is unable to retain a private attorney and a public defender cannot be used because of a conflict of interest.

In May the father of Brian Kocis won a lawsuit on behalf of Kocis’ estate that accused Kerekes and Cuadra of “jointly” or “separately” causing Brian Kocis’ death and destroying his home and property. The judgment ruled in favor of the estate because neither defendant had responded to the civil suit.

Both defendants claim that they cannot afford a lawyer and are being represented by public defenders in the criminal trial.

Falvello said that he has knowledge that the defendants have assets that have been seized. The assets were seized when charges of racketeering, conspiracy to launder money and conspiracy to receive money from the earnings of prostitution were filed against Cuadra and Kerekes in Virginia, last July.

Olszewski, who had previously been resistant to moving the trial, said he is committed to beginning the trial on Jan. 5.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Show More