Lylith LaVey Claims Mr. Marcus Shoot Led to Emotional Distress

LOS ANGELES — Mr. Marcus' attorney says that performer Lylith LaVey's emotional distress suit against the male porn star at center of last year's syphilis-infection outbreak is full of holes because she knew the risks involved in shoots.

LaVey filed suit in September alleging emotional distress stemming from a June 24 Bang Bros shoot involving herself and Mr. Marcus. The suit filed at Van Nuys Superior Court surfaced after MikeSouth.com posted a case summary of it yesterday.

In the Bang Bros video, LaVey could be seen giving fellatio to Mr. Marcus, whose penis clearly showed evidence of a possible STI.   

Mr. Marcus, in a previous interview with XBIZ, said the sores at the time looked more like a skin irritation. “It looked like a patch of rough skin, like maybe a reaction to some kind of lube that irritated me," he previously told XBIZ.

While the case is in its early discovery phases, the emotional distress case hinges on LaVey's claim that Mr. Marcus didn't inform the female performer that he had earlier contracted an STI, according to Mr. Marcus attorney Martin Cutler.

"In my 24 years of practicing law, I have never seen a more frivolous case against a defendant  than this one," Cutler told XBIZ. "There was an assumption of risk in the case of the shoot. She's a porn actress — she knew what she was getting into."

Los Angeles' adult film industry expressed sharp emotions over the syphilis outbreak last year that put livelihoods on pause during a performance moratorium.

At the epicenter of the outbreak was Mr. Marcus, who on Aug. 21 admitted he had performed in three sex scenes after doctoring his STI test to conceal that he had contracted syphilis. The revelation struck the adult film community as a betrayal and reaction was swift and merciless.

While Marcus drew the brunt of people’s outrage, many also suggested that industry testing lab Talent Testing Services and the Free Speech Coalition’s Adult Production Health & Safety Services mishandled the crisis due to “politics.”

LaVey did not respond to XBIZ calls over the suit. Her attorney, Adam Rose, could not be contacted.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Anissa Kate Stars in Latest From Brazzers

Anissa Kate stars with Brazzers exclusive Girthmasterr in the studio’s latest release, titled "Backdoor Action In The Backyard."

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

Stella Luxx Makes Her Blacked Debut

Stella Luxx has made her debut for Vixen Media Group (VMG) studio imprint Blacked, alongside Jason Luv, in the studio’s latest release.

'Swing Nation' Hosts Lacy and Dan Make Their WIFEY Debuts

Lacy and Dan, hosts of the "Swing Nation" lifestyle podcast, star with Jamie Knoxx, Dan Damage, and Hollywood Cash in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Lilly Bell Fronts Latest From Girlsway

2025 XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Lilly Bell stars with Laura Bentley in the latest Girlsway release, titled “You're a Nudist Now??”

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

Charlotte Sins, Victoria Grant Star in New Transfixed Release

Charlotte Sins and Victoria Grant star with Baxxx in the latest release from Transfixed, titled "Office Catfight!"

Candie Luciani Leads Dorcel's 'Thr3e #9'

Candie Luciani headlines the latest release from Dorcel, titled “Thr3e #9.”

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Show More