23 Women Convicted in Swedish Child Porn Case

STOCKHOLM — A Swedish court on Tuesday convicted nearly two dozen women and one man for possessing child porn.

The case has received widespread attention because of the large number of women involved, 23 in total. The perpetrators in child porn cases are usually men.

ASACP Executive Director Tim Henning told XBIZ that it's not common for women to become involved in child pornography and when they are it is usually due to pressure from a male partner.

"This number of women involved due to a single man is historically unheard of," Henning said.

The women, aged between 38 and 70, were given suspended sentences and ordered to pay fines that range between $375 to almost $2,700.

The man in the case, 43-year-old Lars Skoglund, was convicted of aggravated child porn and sentenced to one year in prison.  Officials say he distributed the child porn to the women, whom he met online through chat rooms and convinced them to accept files containing child porn.

"What I find most troubling is the apparent light sentence for the ring leader, Lars Skoglund," Henning said. "A one year prison sentence is a mere slap on the wrist considering the gravity of his crimes."

When Skoglund was arrested last year, he was in possession of 1,181 still shots and 40 films considered to be child pornography.

According to the court, the photographs and films depict children being raped by adults, in some cases with the children tied up.

The court found that "most of the women were psychologically unstable," and Skoglund had "taken advantage of the women's poor psychological states and longing for human contact."

The women all told the court they were not interested in child pornography.

"If Lars Skoglund had not led their conversations onto the subject of child sex, most of these women would probably never have come into contact with child pornography," the court said.

Nonetheless, the court said the women were responsible for their actions. The prosecutor had proven that the images had been sent to the women and the chats and emails proved that the women had wanted the images.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

Show More